#CDFIFriday - Affordable Housing
Time & Location
About the event
Uncovering Opportunities for Housing Preservation, Together
• Moderator – Habitat for Humanity NYC, Karen Haycox
• Capital Impact Partners – Katherine Murtha
• Habitat NYC Community Fund – Chris Illum
• Spring Bank – Akbar Rizvi
• Chhaya CDC – William Spisak
When trying to preserve affordable housing, no two communities – or efforts – are alike. That’s why CDFIs and community partners are joining forces to uncover opportunities for housing preservation – from basements to city blocks! Topics will include:
• Funding major rehabs to bring buildings back from the brink;
• Targeting desirable properties to combat gentrification; and
• Legalizing basement apartments to foster affordability.
• BONUS – Can you provide a Sources/Uses table or a basic pro forma that conference attendees can tailor to their own community needs?
Join colleagues and allies from all over New York State in a series of webinars and online panel discussions. Share your successes and challenges in delivering much-needed financial resources to underserved communities.
Connect with members and sponsors to explore timely topics like Legacy Business to Worker Co-Op, Land Banks, Preserving Affordable Housing, and much more.
We hope you'll join us as we compare notes on our efforts to bring positive change to communities and businesses across New York State.